Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carlosflores
Helper I
Helper I

Date as X axis help

Hello Community. I'm having some troubles with my date in the X axis.

I have a table looking like this:

pregunta5.PNG

I'm trying to count the amount of workers filtered by date, like this:

pregunta6.PNG

But as youcan see, there is plenty of data that appears as a Blank date. I have created a Date table and have linked it to my data table, like this. The link appears as dotted, don't really know why.

pregunta8.PNG

I would really appreciate help on this matter. I've been struggling with for a couple of hours. If there's a way I can send the file so you can see it, I would be happy to send it to you. I have checked the format of the date column and it is a formated as a date column. I don't really know what else I can do

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dotted line means that the link between the table is not presently active.  If you double click on that line you will get the link properties.  There is a tick box called "Make this relationship active".

If you are getting blanks in your table, this usually means that certain dates are not being related in to your date axis (usually your date table). Common reasons for this are things like your data source being in a DATETIME format or your date table does not have enough dates to cover all of the dates in your source.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dotted line means that the link between the table is not presently active.  If you double click on that line you will get the link properties.  There is a tick box called "Make this relationship active".

If you are getting blanks in your table, this usually means that certain dates are not being related in to your date axis (usually your date table). Common reasons for this are things like your data source being in a DATETIME format or your date table does not have enough dates to cover all of the dates in your source.

@Anonymous thanks fo your help. 

I tried cicking on "Make this relationship active" but the following message appeared:

"There are ambiguous paths between 'Date table' and 'Source data Table' and 'Another table linked to 'Source data Table'. 

So I deleted the relationship between my source that and that other table. When I did that, everthing worked fine! Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.