Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date/Time filters and Data Refresh to current

Hi,

Please whats the option to select in the Date/Time filters  in powerbi desktop so that I can get a small chunk of data to work with.

and then I can  publish and I schedule to refresh to today it will give me the current data.

Query Editor: Date/TimeFilters: 

filt.PNG

But after scheduling refresh to today in powerbi service or refreshing manually, it only shows me pulls out data  between 01/11/2017-07/11/2017... I want the data to refresh to current date. 

My data starts at 01/11/2017 and its live to current.

If  I do the below: I get all the data to current but its now too big to save and publish..

Filt2.PNG

Please help

6 REPLIES 6
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

From your description, the data from 2017/1/11 to current data are two large to publish to service, which means you can filter rows to current data. The limit of .pbix file is 1GB. We only upload files to Power BI up to 1 GB in size. So you have to filter your resource table to decrease less than 1 GB.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

The link  by gooranga1 is not the solution as that pulls all data..Not What I want.

Let me make it clearer.

So how do I filter a chunk in Pbix so that when I publish it will not be stucked on that date range.. ie Like  I mentioned the data from 01/11/2017-07/11/2017 is just 20MB..

But its not refreshing to current date after publishing.. Is it as a result of this 

filt.PNG

But in my other  Pbix which I had the below: They are about 27MB after the complete built. They are refreshing after publishing.filt3.PNG:

Is my data not refreshing to current date even after publishing as a result of the "is after or equal to : And is before or equal"  filter.

Maybe there is something I am not getting right..Please help

Hi @Anonymous,

If you want to stop the data being imported to the pbix then you have to do that at source. So whatever query you are using to pull the data that will need to be modified to only pull a certain subset of data?

Is it data from SQL Server?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its SQl Server.. How do I 'modify to certain subset of data'.?

What is with SQl server??. I need a small chunk of data on my PBix..and then schedule refresh...

The below is working correctly in other projects: But in this instance/project the data is already big and I want just a chunk in Pbix ...then schedule refresh

filt3.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

I am still a little confusing about your scenario, if you get data from SQL Server, you can filter the data to currect like other project. While your data is two large, you want to filter data in SQL Server? If it is, you can write a sql statement and type it in the following box(highlighted in red line). 

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.