cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnewnew33 New Member

Date/Time/Timezone data importing as Text data type

Hi all, new Power BI user here. I am attempting to import data from Google Big Query into Power BI Desktop via Direct Query due to the large amount of data. I am struggling to have my "EventDate","EventPrevious", and "UserFirstTouchDate" columns import as Date/Time/Timezone instead of Text. Power BI  seems to have no problem detecting "OriginalEventDate" as Date/Time. I can't transform the data to Date/Time/Timezone in Power Query because I am using Direct Query. Any help would be much appreciated

Power BI Help.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Date/Time/Timezone data importing as Text data type

@cnewnew33 hey I never used big query, can you check if those column type is different in big query. Wondering if that is the reason PowerBI cannot detect it. Yes if it is direct query, you cannot change the type, so you have to look at underline data source.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut! Appreciate your Kudos Smiley Happy
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 1,024 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: