Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GunnerJ
Post Patron
Post Patron

Date Table won't appear in visual

I have a table that has a column with dates on it. Some dates don't appear as there simply isn't any data for those specific days. I created a simple date table that shows today through two weeks with the hope that using it will allow my visual to show the empty days as empty. I have a 1:M relationship between my date table and the column with dates in it for my data. When I 

Date Table:

Date Table 2 = CALENDAR(TODAY(), TODAY()+13)

Current graph. All values summed under "blank" when they should be spread out over a two week span with some days showing no bar.
Dates.PNG
Date relation.PNG

This is what I want my graph to look like.
Desired Dates.PNG

Any help in pointing out what I need to change would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Your Model should look roughly like this:

20200131 11_47_34-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png

And your visual should look roughly like this with these fields from the specific tables I am pointing to:

20200131 11_49_44-2019 Trial Balance for Squar Milner - Excel.png

And the Row Count measure is this:

Row Count = 
VAR RowCount = COUNTROWS(Sales)
RETURN
IF(RowCount = BLANK(), 0, RowCount)

If that isn't working, please at a minimum show us the fields you are using in your visual, as well as the model view, or better yet, just put a PBIX file with no confidential info in OneDrive and share it here.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

Is this what you are looking for? You said page 4, but this is on page 5, and I saw the bar chart. I didn't fully understand what you meant when the top chart should look like the bottom chart when one is a line chart and the other is a bar chart. But I do see where the line chart is missing data.

I made a new measure called "Reconnect Residential" that is next to your "Reconnects Residential" (mine is singular, yours plural) and I get a purple line all the way across, with most being zero as that table only has days, but my line shows the zeros whereas yours stops.

20200131 14_06_43-20200131 - Ozarks Dashboard - Power BI Desktop.png

So it is the measure I posted above, but specifically:

Reconnect Residential = 
VAR RowCount = COUNTROWS('INSTALL 2 WEEKS RECONNECTS RESIDENTIAL')
RETURN
IF(RowCount = BLANK(),0,RowCount)

Is that what you were looking for? 

As an aside, I made your date table a true date table. You have to click on it in the Report tab, select "Mark as Date Table" and then point out the date field. Not terribly relevant in this example, but it isn't a date table until you tell Power BI it is.

The updated PBIX is here. If that isn't right, can you be more specific about what you want telling me the exact name of the tab that may have two visuals that are the same, where one is right and the other is wrong?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.