Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Table Relationship

Hi all,

I am combining three different datasets, each of which has its own date columm and I am trying to create a singular date table so that I can use one date slicer on my report pages that will control the dates within each of my datasets, rather than have multiple slicers on each page that the user has to select the same dates for the shown data to be accurate. The existing relationships are between 'production data'[machine] and 'utilization data'[machine], 'production data'[machine] and 'scrap reasons'[machine]. How would I set this up, since right now it only controls the production data.

Data model pic    090519.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The relationship works fine on my side when using the date column in date table as the slicer.

You can try my sample pbix file and let me know what is different from your file.  If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data and expected result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Date-Table-Relationship-1.pngDate-Table-Relationship-2.png

Or you can try to make the date table in the center to connect other tables.

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ DongLi
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lid-msft ,

I thought about using the date table as the central one, but that messes up the existing relationships. For example I'm showing the number and reasons for scrap by machine on a graph (all of which are from the fields in Scrap Reasons) but this is from a drillthrough from a table of machines and production data from Production Data. Hence the relationship between both machine columns. I'll work on redacting some of my data and share it when its ready.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.