Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Table Data Mixup

Hi, 

I have created a date table within my report that pulls out the month and year from the given date. 

However, when using filters, the data is not being allocated to the specific year:

Untitled.png

The relationship is O-M, and it cross filters both ways. Where am I making the mistake?

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share sample data of your table and post expected result here?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

help1.pnghelp2.png

The 1st is example data. The 2nd is what the table looks like without a dateTable being created. 

I want to create a date table, and still achieve these desired results. 

Hi @Anonymous,

The above issue is caused by that you have different DateTime values in the original table, but in your dateTable, I guess that you only have date values or datetime values that only contain 12:00:00. In this scenario, not all the datetime values in your original table match the date values in your dateTable, and you will not get expected result when you drag Year from dateTable.

To solve this issue, create a new column in your original table using the DAX below, make sure that you change date type of the new column in your original table and Date column of dateTable to Date type. Then remove the existing relation between two tables, create a new relationship using this new column and date column in dateTable.

Datecol = DATE(YEAR(Table1[Date]),MONTH(Table1[Date]),DAY(Table1[Date]))
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft 

So do i need to extract the date for each datetime field in my tables?

What about the possibility to remove the seconds from the datetime table and create a date table with a record for each minute?

Too much data? 

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.