Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SafetyEv
Helper I
Helper I

Date Slicer to begin at a "Created_Date) to current date.

We are using Power Bi for our clients. Currently, all data is segregated using a DAX expression by Company_ID. The only issue I am running into is the date slicer on the pages uses the total date range of all clients or a present range of a number of months or years. 

I am hoping I can set a new filter or DAX expression that can use the Created_date of the company as the from and "Today" as the end date. This would allow clients to only see a date range within their company's time with us vs a date slicer with a 3-year range meanwhile they have been a client for 2 months.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wade

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SafetyEv ,

Try to create a measure and apply it to visual level filter.

Measure = IF(MAX('Table'[Date])<=TODAY(),1)

V-lianl-msft_0-1606358983994.png

If the problem persists,could you share the sample pbix via cloud service like onedrive for business?

Please remove any sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SafetyEv
Helper I
Helper I

I will try removing as much data as possible and post the PBIX file.

SafetyEv
Helper I
Helper I

I still do not have a solution to this. I have tried all items above and I cannot get this to function as I need to.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SafetyEv ,

Try to create a measure and apply it to visual level filter.

Measure = IF(MAX('Table'[Date])<=TODAY(),1)

V-lianl-msft_0-1606358983994.png

If the problem persists,could you share the sample pbix via cloud service like onedrive for business?

Please remove any sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Apologies for late response. I have tried this, and I cannot get it to function as intended. I am not a super user by any stretch, so this is a major challenge for me.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @SafetyEv ,

as the content of the calendar table can not be dynamic, you have to "trick" your users by "filtering" the visible slicer items. This article provides a very concise introduction to this topic: Filter slicers without using bidirectional filters in Power BI - SQLBI

Hopefully, this provides what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.