Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EnsFlynn
Frequent Visitor

Date Slicer that filters running total between 2 Date Columns in a table

At the moment I have a graph that shows the running total of units gathered based on each piece of equipment. The current date slicer is able to change the start and end date of that running total, and this is working well. What I want the dashboard to do is allow the user to click on one of the entries in the table to the right, and then have the date slicer automatically adjust to between the Previous Maintenance date and the "Date" date so that the running total is between those two dates. I almost found a fix using Power Query but Previous Maintenance is calculated column and so it doesn't appear in the query editor with the rest of the columns. If possible, I would like the date slicer to start from the start of the data if the Previous Maintenance column is blank.

For clarification, Machine and Equipment reperesent the same thing (and have an active relationship)

Date Slicer.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ultimately solved this by ditching the original visual idea and focusing on the table and creating a calculated column to sum the values between the dates pprior to displaying them. See here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Summing-values-between-2-dates-returning-wrong-values/m-p/6...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @EnsFlynn,

Based on my test, I am afraid you could not ues the item in visual to filter the slicer, Power BI could not support this feature currently.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Daniel,

Is it possible that there was another way to do this with a similar result? Maybe using a dropdown sliver to select an entry to filter the dates?

I'm relatively new to Power BI so any help or explanation is appreciated

Thanks,

Flynn

Ultimately solved this by ditching the original visual idea and focusing on the table and creating a calculated column to sum the values between the dates pprior to displaying them. See here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Summing-values-between-2-dates-returning-wrong-values/m-p/6...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.