Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Slicer showing non existent data

We have a report synced to a SQL database, refreshed nightly. This is a report i have inherited, and my no means a pbi advanced user! 

There is a data slicer on each page of the report which is in sync, the data slicer is linked to the Default Date table, which has a one to many relationship with our master data.

We had to clear out some of the data from the database to reduce the size, data was cleared out pre 2018. The refresh has taken place, when i view data in pbi desktop tables, there is nothing pre 2018, when we are viewing the report, use the date slicer to filter 01/01/2017 - 31/12/2017 data is shown in the report. I cannot work out why or how? 

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , here your view report on power Bi service, if yes just make just dataset is refresh there too

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak - I have refreshed on the Desktop and Service, both recieving the same results

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.