Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Viktor001
Frequent Visitor

Date Slicer not working | Power BI Report

Hi,

I have created a Power BI report in which I am using a Date Slicer.

I have two tables in which Date is present in first table whereas second table is a group by visualization of the same data on a column(product).

I have a Table say :

DateTimeProductSubProductAmount
01-10-2021 10:00:10AA1100
03-10-2021 10:00:10AA2200
01-10-2021 10:00:10AA3300
03-10-2021 10:00:10BB150
05-10-2021 10:00:10BB2100

Another grouped table exist in which grouping has been done on Product and looks like:

ProductAmount
A600
B150

When using Date slicer, the first table updates the changes whereas, the second table doesn't get updated. Both these tables are linked by Many to One relation on Product column and Cross filter direction has been given as: Both.

Kindly provide me your input for what can be done in this situation or if I need to make some changes in my approach. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Viktor001 ,

So what is the expected result when selecting 03-10-2021 in the slicer?

Product Amount
A 600
B 150

or

Product Amount
A 200
B 150

You are using Product as relationship and there's no SubProduct column in second table so the result would be the first table above.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DuncanP
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @Viktor001 

I'm not sure exactly why it's not working, but I can see a couple of things that you could do differently that would help.

First off, you don't need the second table at all. You should get the same result by only selecting the relelvant columns (Product and Amount) from the first table for the visual, as Power BI will do the grouping for you.

Second, I would convert the datetime column to a date and link it to a separate date table. You can find many examples of date tables online, created either in DAX or Power Query.

Finally, I would create a measure for Amount, rather than rely on Power BI's own aggregating, but that's my preference.

The first one should fix your issue; the other two are options but good practice.

I hope that helps.

Duncan

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Viktor001 ,

So what is the expected result when selecting 03-10-2021 in the slicer?

Product Amount
A 600
B 150

or

Product Amount
A 200
B 150

You are using Product as relationship and there's no SubProduct column in second table so the result would be the first table above.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.