Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Slicer not displaying as a calendar

I have used two date slicers that are used for parameter binding for direct query. I am not able to display those slicers as calendar even though they are in date format. As soon as i did parameter binding with those slicer it turned to dropdown.

5 REPLIES 5
saddam_hussain8
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-rzhou-msft I tried the same and I am not able to use date/ datetime slicer with bind parameter.

Its an actual issue please suggest. I have followed your steps and its not working

Hi Saddam,

Did you get the resolution for this?It is bit urgent for me.

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please make sure you add the date column or date/time column into the slicer instead of the date hierachy.

Here I create a sample with Date and Date/Time type Parameters in Power Query Editor. And turn on "Enable load".

RicoZhou_0-1656051721702.png

RicoZhou_1-1656051733698.png

If you turn on "Auto date/time for new file" in Option, Power BI will create a date hierachy in your data model. When you add the date or date/time column into the slicer, Power BI will add the hierachy automaticly. If you add hierachy into slicer, you could dropdown only.

RicoZhou_2-1656052161123.png

I suggest you to select the column in Field.

RicoZhou_3-1656052178474.png

And then if your column in date or date/time type, you will be able to use all kind of function as below.

RicoZhou_4-1656052192089.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, did you try to bind your date/datetime column as parameter and your date slicer still work as you mentioned? because this is not working from our way after binded as date parameter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that. Its not a hierarchy when its added to slicer but still it only has dropdown and list

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.