Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

walkery
Helper I
Helper I

Date Slicer across multiple tables same Page

Hi All, I have 2 different tables within my PowerBI report that I've used to create 2 seperate visuals on the same page. I'd like to now add a date slicer onto the page that filters both visuals. I read on another post that I'd need to create a relationship between the 2 tables, so I created a date table, dimDate and created a relationship between both tables to that dimDate table and then created a slicer on the dimDate date field. However nothing happens when I change the date parameters. Any ideas of what I'm doing incorrectly? Screenshots below of the relationships I've created, I assume the issue is with that...? Untitled1.png

Untitled.png

7 REPLIES 7
prakharsingh981

keep both column name same

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @walkery,

Please set the "Cross Filter direction" to "Both" for both relationships and test again if it works.

2.PNG

Besides, please make sure the "Edit interaction" option is turned on.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MauriceMecowe
Resolver II
Resolver II

Does your DimDate Table have corresponding rows for the days in your fact table?

Hi @MauriceMecowe, yes the dimdate table has everyday from 1/1/2000 - 12/31/2020 just to be safe 🙂 the dates of my fact table are only from 2015 - 2018 YTD so it should definitely have the corresponding rows. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @walkery

Check the cross filter direction. The filter direction should flow from DimDate table to Fact table 1 and DimDate table to Facttable 2.

Thanks
Raj

Hi @Anonymous I changed the relationship direction but still nothing happens when I try to filter the date using a date slicer made with the Standard Date field from the dimdate field. Is there anything else I could try? Thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @walkery

The issue could be because of 2 reasons :

1 . The cross filter direction could be wrong - Can you post the snapshot from relationship tab?

2. The data between the tables are not matching. Just try to play around :

* Create a table visual for FactTable 1, note down the data for a record.

* Select that particular date in slicer and see if the table visual responds correspondingly

* Do the same for FactTable 2 as well

Thanks

Raj

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.