Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SC99
Regular Visitor

Date Slicer - Visuals auto drill to next level

Hello - I am trying to have my visualizations automatically drill to the next level based on a slicer selection. i.e. my slicer is for the quarters and the primary value of my x-axis is quarters with the second level being months - when I select "Q1" on the slicer, how can I get my visualization to update and refelct the three months within that quarter?

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@SC99 may be this video will help you

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi parry2k - unfortunately this did not solve my issue. That video shows how to have two slicer options, "Quarters" and "Months" and another visual changes based on which once is selected on the slicer.

My slicer looks like this:

image.png

When nothing is selected, I have a visual that shows values by quarter. When I select "Q1", the other visual will reflect one value for all of Q1, but I'm wanting the visual to reflect three values, one for each 2018-1, 2018-2, and 2018-3.

Hi @SC99,

We need to find a workaround like below. Please also check out the demo in the attachment.

Table =
UNION (
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        CALENDAR ( DATE ( 2018, 1, 1 ), DATE ( 2018, 12, 31 ) ),
        "Display", [Date],
        "Type", FORMAT ( [Date], "MMM" )
    ),
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        CALENDAR ( DATE ( 2018, 1, 1 ), DATE ( 2018, 12, 31 ) ),
        "Display", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYY-MM" ),
        "Type", "Q" & FORMAT ( [Date], "q" )
    )
)

Date-Slicer-Visuals-auto-drill-to-next-level

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.