Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Srujana
Frequent Visitor

Date Slicer - Reset

I am trying to default my report's date slicer to current date.

created a table 

select case when Date = DATEADD(dd, DATEDIFF(dd, 0, getdate()), 0) then 'Today' else 'All' end as Flag,Date as Date from Date

Use Date column as Slicer 1 : Date(1/1/2017 ---- 8/14/2017)

Used this Flag column as Slicer2 and filtered Slicer 1(8/14/2017-8/14/2017) when Today is selected.

Problem is when user deslects today and then uses Slicer1 as required and then clicks on Slicer 2 (Today). Slicer 1 does not reset today's date.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Srujana,

The issue has been reported before internally: CRI 23743458

this is by design, we store previous selections and show them regardless of whether another filter may hide them. We do not want to clear selections based on filter from other slicers, and we are obligated to show any selected items.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Can you provide me the URL for CRI 23743458. 

Though its by design, when the underlying data is refreshed, it would be nice if slicer resets to avoid confusion for user.

Hi @Srujana,

The incident URL is https://icm.ad.msft.net/imp/v3/incidents/details/23743458/home.

Best Regards,

QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.