Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

allenshapiro
Regular Visitor

Date Separation - separating dates from timestamps

I am accessing Redshift data via direct query (not loading the data as the update cycles are hourly). The date is in a timestamp format in the originating table. 

How can I separate the date from the date timestamp. All of the DAX commands I use are assuming that the field is text based, but the timestamp format is a value. Any help is greatly desired.

The reason for the  questions is I am trying to get the count of id's that were active between two dates. When there are duplicate date times within the dataset it throws an error. I've tried two different approaches but neither works due to the timestamp issue. See the two different approaches below 

Active Segment = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(devices_captured[device_id]),DATESBETWEEN(devices_captured[file_timestamp],TODAY(),TODAY()-7))

Last 7 Days = VAR Last_Date =lastdate(daily_stats[date]) return CALCULATE(devices_captured[Segment_Count], FILTER(ALL(daily_stats[date]),daily_stats[date]>Last_Date -7 && daily_stats[date]<= Last_Date))

Any help is greatly appreciated
1 REPLY 1
allenshapiro
Regular Visitor

The second formula was cut off:

Last 7 Days = VAR Last_Date =lastdate(daily_stats[date]) return CALCULATE(devices_captured[Segment_Count], FILTER(ALL(daily_stats[date]),daily_stats[date]>Last_Date -7 && daily_stats[date]<= Last_Date))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.