Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ConnieMaldonado
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Date SLICER default value upon report entry

Hello - I am using a Gantt chart visual (as Timeline) to display time clock, drive time, and actual work data for field technicians.  The visual helps supervisors quickly identify issues with paid hours and actual time in the field (for each tech).  The supervisor will select a technician and date and review activity on that day.  There are other slicers to guide the selection (such as Site Manager, Field Tech Supervisor).

The issue is that upon entering the report, the visual shows all the data (until you make your selections).  In the date slicer, I only allow one date which is automatically defaulting to the earliest date in the table.  I would like to prepopulate it with yesterday's date as a starting point (but still allow the user to select other dates.)  Is there a way to do that?  For the date slicer, I am using the date field for the individual activities.

My ideal solution would be to NOT populate the timeline visual until the user selects a technician.  I will eventually have a performance issue as data accumulates, so I may have to limit data to the last 90 days.  Thanks!

Date image.png

Here's what the visual should look like (with a technician and date selected):

Date 2.png

2 REPLIES 2
ConnieMaldonado
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thnaks!  I'll check it out.

rsbin
Super User
Super User

@ConnieMaldonado,

Search Youtube for the following:

How to set a DATE SLICER to TODAY by default in Power BI

I believe this video by Bas gives very clear and concise instructions to do this.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.