Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mariah-pg
Regular Visitor

Date Relationship Sometimes Working

Hello, I have a date table. (see image 1) I have 4 other tables and 4 corresponding relationships to the date table's "date" column. 2 of the relationships work, but 2 of them do not. All of the columns across the 5 tables have 'date' as their datatype. The structure of the date columns is YYYY-MM-DD. In Image 2, you can see that the table at the bottom is correctly showing the relationship with the date table. At the top of Image 2, you can see that data_date (from a different table) is not correctly joining with date from the date table. Image 3 shows the data type of affidavit_date from table 1, Image 4 shows how that affidavit_date column appears in SQL Server (this one is correctly showing the relationship). Image 5 shows the data type of data_date and Image 6 shows how that column appears in SQL Server (data_date and date do not correctly show their relationship).

The date table goes through mid 2022, so dates in the date table shouldn't be an issue.

Please let me know if any additional information would be helpful.

Image 1

2021-10-22_20h08_33.png

Image 2

2021-10-22_20h13_11.png

Image 3

2021-10-22_20h23_17.png

Image 4

2021-10-22_20h08_56.png

Image 5

2021-10-22_20h24_21.png

Image 6

2021-10-22_20h26_38.png

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @mariah-pg ,

can you post a screenshot of the relationships in the model view?

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Hi @mwegener , Sure!

I'm not sure why, but I reloaded one of the tables (Table 2) that wasn't working and now it's working. 

In the image, the pink box is the date table. Tables 1,2,4,5, and 6 (all except table 3) connect properly. I can try to reload the data in table 3 and see if the issue gets fixed.

2021-10-23_12h50_08.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.