Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CoboleiroBr
Helper I
Helper I

Date Relationship Problem

Hi guys!

I'm new to PowerBI and I'd like to know if there is a way to solve that...

I have a Calendar table and a Tickets table. I need two relationships to calculate Opened/Closed Tickets correctly.

So, I have an active relationship for Open Date and other relationship for Finish Date, but if the Ticket was not closed, Finish Date is null.

The measures are being calculated perfectly, but the problem is when using segmentation I got a Blank option, like below. 

Is there a way to not show this blank? How?

Thanks in advance!

PB II.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @JordanAWARE !

Thanks for your answer.

After trying some solutions I found one that worked fine, but I had to create more tables and relationships, I'm not sure if it is the best solution, but is better than show Blank in the segmentation, because it seems there is something wrong with the database...

Anyway, these steps solved the problem:

1 - I created a new table containing only the Closed Tickets, where the Finish Date is filled;

2 - A relationship between Calendar and Closed Tickets, by Finish Date;

3 - Since I was using only one table in my report and now I'm using two, I had to create some intermediate tables/relationships to filter correcly the data in both tables.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JordanAWARE
Frequent Visitor

If you wanted to just hide Blank() from showing in the slicer just drag the field the slicer uses into a report/page filter, select all years then just uncheck blank and it will hide it.

But I dont think thats solving the issue of the blank years being there...

What table is that slicer reading from?

The next option is to try create a calculated column inside the Tickets table -->  Year = related('Calender'[year])

and use this column to slice the year

Hello @JordanAWARE !

Thanks for your answer.

After trying some solutions I found one that worked fine, but I had to create more tables and relationships, I'm not sure if it is the best solution, but is better than show Blank in the segmentation, because it seems there is something wrong with the database...

Anyway, these steps solved the problem:

1 - I created a new table containing only the Closed Tickets, where the Finish Date is filled;

2 - A relationship between Calendar and Closed Tickets, by Finish Date;

3 - Since I was using only one table in my report and now I'm using two, I had to create some intermediate tables/relationships to filter correcly the data in both tables.

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.