Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tlenzmeier
Helper II
Helper II

Date Pick-List Question

I have an accounts receivable report that has an "as of" date picker. Every time a user  opens the report the most recent date is the last one chosen. Does anyone know of a way for the default date to be the most current date? For example, if a user openned the report on May 29th and selected this date from the drop-down, then closed the report, and reopened it a day later, the 29th is the date selected. Ideally, I would like it to be the 30th. I thought about creating a derived table with the most current date -- Today() -- and then adding it to the data model, but I'm not sure that's optimal.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jorgast
Resolver II
Resolver II

@tlenzmeier

If its a date slicer, you can make it a releative date slicer, so it will always open for the current date, or show yesterdays data as default.

slicer.PNGCapture.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jorgast
Resolver II
Resolver II

@tlenzmeier

If its a date slicer, you can make it a releative date slicer, so it will always open for the current date, or show yesterdays data as default.

slicer.PNGCapture.PNG

Thanks! Duh, is my lingering thought. So simple you could slap me upside my head.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.