cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlenzmeier Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Date Pick-List Question

I have an accounts receivable report that has an "as of" date picker. Every time a user  opens the report the most recent date is the last one chosen. Does anyone know of a way for the default date to be the most current date? For example, if a user openned the report on May 29th and selected this date from the drop-down, then closed the report, and reopened it a day later, the 29th is the date selected. Ideally, I would like it to be the 30th. I thought about creating a derived table with the most current date -- Today() -- and then adding it to the data model, but I'm not sure that's optimal.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Jorgast Member

Re: Date Pick-List Question

@tlenzmeier

If its a date slicer, you can make it a releative date slicer, so it will always open for the current date, or show yesterdays data as default.

slicer.PNGCapture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Jorgast Member

@tlenzmeier

If its a date slicer, you can make it a releative date slicer, so it will always open for the current date, or show yesterdays data as default.

slicer.PNGCapture.PNG

tlenzmeier Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks! Duh, is my lingering thought. So simple you could slap me upside my head.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 299 members 3,574 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: