Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aaron1225
Helper I
Helper I

Date Measures Help?

I have used PBI quite a bit but started a new position where I am setting up for the first time in a long while.  For some reason I am having issues with my date fuctions.  Trying to get the endofthemonth function to give me the EOM date, but it seems to pull the last date of the year. Think the solution is how the date table is configured. Any help on this? 

Here is the measure. 

https://prnt.sc/mwjbgb

Date Table: 

https://prnt.sc/mwjbvs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@aaron1225 ,

I have found the reason, functions like ENDOFMONTH(), ENDOFQUARTER() and ENDOFYEAR() will only return last day in the exist column, not the real ending day. So you can modify your measure using DAX as below to achieve what you want to achieve:

Difference = DATEDIFF(TODAY(), EOMONTH(ENDOFQUARTER(Table1[Date]), 0), DAY)

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi aaron1225,

Your measure and Date Table URL's are not working. Please post more inputs to clarify your problem.

Regards,

Pradeep

Below is my date table, essentially I am trying to determin the number of days remaining in a month so using: 

DaysToEndofMonth = DATEDIFF(TODAY(),ENDOFMONTH(dDate[Date]),DAY) however, this measure returns 294, which is incorrect. 

Capture.JPG

@aaron1225 ,

ENDOFMONTH() works well on my side. You can use table visual instead of card visual.

Capture.PNG 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft thank you, I was able to get this to work, however I can not get the ENDOFMONTH or ENDOFQUARTER to work in my measure. 

I am trying to get the number of days from TODAY() to the ENDOFQUARTER.  Using this measure DaysToEndOfQuarter = DATEDIFF(TODAY(),ENDOFQUARTER(dDate[Date]),DAY) it returns an incorrect value. 

@aaron1225 ,

Could you please show the expected result?

@v-yuta-msft I am looking for the number of days remaining in the quarter. So my function should take the last date of the quarter 31-MAR and today so 31-MAR minus 19-MAR, so would return 12 days remaining

@aaron1225 ,

I have found the reason, functions like ENDOFMONTH(), ENDOFQUARTER() and ENDOFYEAR() will only return last day in the exist column, not the real ending day. So you can modify your measure using DAX as below to achieve what you want to achieve:

Difference = DATEDIFF(TODAY(), EOMONTH(ENDOFQUARTER(Table1[Date]), 0), DAY)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.