Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ValentinBIA
Resolver I
Resolver I

Date / Lookup Tables

Morning dear Power BI users!

I am working on the data for car rentals. The cars leave from a station and parks in a station.

In my main query, I have the StationFrom column, the StationTo, and the number of rentals.

StationFromStationToRentals
AA4
AB5
AC1
BA4
BB5
BC9
CA3
CB2
CC7

I also have a lookup table that gives me more information on the location of the station.

StationLatLongCity
A5505Hogwart
B50555The Shire
C1400469Whiterun

However, it does not seem like I can link both the StationFrom and StationTo columns to my Location table (to Station column).

Do you guys know if I can link one column of a Lookup Table to 2 different colums of my main query ? Or should I just copy paste my Lookup table and use two of them?

Thank you very much !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoHo_BI
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi Valentin,

Always happy to help a Skyrim fan!

You can create a relationship to both, but only one will be active. But then in your calculations you can use the USERELATIONSHIP function to reference the inactive relationship instead. For example:

No. Rentals = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Rentals]), USERELATIONSHIP(LookupTable[Station], Table[StationFrom]))

Otherwise, there is a LOOKUPVALUE function that may be of use.

Hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoHo_BI
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi Valentin,

Always happy to help a Skyrim fan!

You can create a relationship to both, but only one will be active. But then in your calculations you can use the USERELATIONSHIP function to reference the inactive relationship instead. For example:

No. Rentals = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Rentals]), USERELATIONSHIP(LookupTable[Station], Table[StationFrom]))

Otherwise, there is a LOOKUPVALUE function that may be of use.

Hope that helps! 

Hi JoHo,

Thank you very much, that is exactly what I was looking for !

(glad you noticed the Skyrim reference 🙂 )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.