Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adealboran777
Frequent Visitor

Date Index

Hi!

Let's see if somebody can help me. I have a table called "interactions" in which I record the different interactions some employees have with an app and the type of interactions. Also; I have some other tables.

The table "interactions" has a colum called date with the format dd/mm/yy. Also, the other tables have columns with dates. All the columns should be related with a unique date filter so I can present them in a visualization table all together.

To do that, I decided to created a new table with the formula calendar(date(2018;1;1);date(2018;12;31) and make it the key for the relationship and use its column as filter. But it didn't work. Once I filter the dates, all the dates appear in the visualization filter as of 01/01/2018). I mean, if I filter my graphs and tables through the filtering option using the column of the new table, I get that all interactions with the app have been done in 01/01/2018, while I know it is not right.

Does it has to do something with the format?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It didn't solve the problem. It has something to do with the "interactions" table format of the dates (it is an export from my compnay's programmers database).

Finnally I solved the problem making new columns with the following formula and relating them: Year(date)&" - "&Month(date)&" - "&day(date).

Thank you anyway!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

This sounds like a relationship issue. From what i understand there should be a Many -> One, relationship between interactions & the date table. Make sure that it's a 2-way relationship. 

image.png

If it's not an issue with the relationship it's proberbly with how the visualisation is built. You will for example need to use the date column from the date-master table in you visualisations. 

But check the relationship 🙂

/ J

Connect on LinkedIn

It didn't solve the problem. It has something to do with the "interactions" table format of the dates (it is an export from my compnay's programmers database).

Finnally I solved the problem making new columns with the following formula and relating them: Year(date)&" - "&Month(date)&" - "&day(date).

Thank you anyway!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.