Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ttankka
Frequent Visitor

Date Hierarchy problem when including weeks and months

I need to group data by weeks, months and quarters.  I created a date table (marked as date table), turned off Auto Date / Time in options, and added the date, week ending and month ending to the shared axis in my visual.  The issue I am having is when I group by weeks with month in the hierarchy, a week that spans 2 months (i.e. starts in July and ends in Aug) gets broken into 2 bars,  even though it shows the week ending Aug 4.

Month hierarchy includedMonth hierarchy includedWeek broken across monthsWeek broken across monthsMonth hierarchy removedMonth hierarchy removedWeeks group normallyWeeks group normally

Is there a way to groups weeks properly while still being able to use months and quarters?

Tim Li

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ttankka,

Do you means calculate result through data range which generate by two data columns? If this is a case, I'd like to suggest you create new table to store expand detail records and calculate on them

Reference link:

Spread revenue across period based on start and end date, slice and dase this using different dates

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.