I have a problem with Date Hierarchy.
After the last sw update (Version: 2.40.4554.421 64-bit (ottobre 2016)) it seams that power bi does not show the date Hierarchy.
I'm using a direct query connection and the fild in the DB is in datetime format
I download the October version and install it. The first screenshot is the source date, and I load it to Power BI desktop shown in second picture. It displays date hierarchy as expected. Please download the update and load dates, then check if it is successful.
If you have any question, please feel free to ask.
thanks for your answer, if I import the data in Power BI (from both excel or a DataBase) it works correctly,
my problem is that Date Hierarchy is not working when I use a direct query connection to a DataBase.
As I tested, I import data using Power Query, the data column still show hierarchy as the following screenshot, could you please post your snapshot for further analysis?
in order to see the problem you should use a "direct query" connection to a DataBase (not "import")
Looking into the Forum I saw that maybe it could be a limit of the "direct query" connection.
I am having the same issue. I'm working with an Access database.
I managed to solve it by killing the relationship of my column Date with another table.
It is a work around as I can force the data column I want into one single table, but it should be look at for the long term.
It seems the problem has something to do with the E-R modelling rather than the actual Date Hierarchy...
Hello, I had the same problem with an access database as source, I had a data set (with sales per date, lets call it "Sales") with a relationship to another table which contents some info I needed (such as a given promotion for a certain dates, lets call this table "Dates_Promotion"). Power Bi wont show hierarchy function if I use the date of the Sales table, but instead i use the Date from "Dates_Promotion" table and it worked, i hope it helps.
I have the same problem with a Sql server db, localhost db (while everything ok on the dbs server, test and prod)
Maybe is a bug due to the fact that dbs in the servers are in a different language from my local db