Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

etiennemichelet
Frequent Visitor

Date Hierarchy not avaible for one date field

Hi,

I have multiple date fields in my dataset but the date hierarchy is not working for one of them. I think I did something to disbale it for this fields but I am not sure what or how. Is there a way I can re-enable it?

See below ot is enabled for Despatch date but not Invoice trasaction date.

2020-01-08_12h58_46.png

Regards,

Etienne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @etiennemichelet ,

You may have created relationship between another table using the date [Invoice trasaction date].

When you created the relationship (Many to one or one to Many) between the tables with Date, only the date in the one side will show date hierarchy. 

So if you want to the date in your fact table show date hierarchy, you could create one to one relationship , or just to create relationship which put the date [Invoice trasaction date] of fact table in one side instead of the many side.

You can refer to the similar case: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Date-hierarchy-not-available/td-p/438804.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @etiennemichelet ,

You may have created relationship between another table using the date [Invoice trasaction date].

When you created the relationship (Many to one or one to Many) between the tables with Date, only the date in the one side will show date hierarchy. 

So if you want to the date in your fact table show date hierarchy, you could create one to one relationship , or just to create relationship which put the date [Invoice trasaction date] of fact table in one side instead of the many side.

You can refer to the similar case: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Date-hierarchy-not-available/td-p/438804.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is good to know. Thanks @v-xicai 

Hi Amy,

That was it, thanks. I removed the table as I didn't need it and the hierarchy is there now.

Thanks a lot,

Etienne

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks. I've checked this and both the fields are in the same format. I've also checked the Auto date/time is enabled too.

Is there any other way to force enable this?

In that case we will probably need to see some of the data to really be able to tell what is going on. 

You can always create a new hierarchy for the field though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.