Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Hierarchy in Drillthrough

I am having a "Date" column in my table, which is the format of "2018-05-30 00:00:00.000".Date drillthrough.PNG

But, When I drag that Date Column into Axis Field of stacked column chart, I got Default Date Hierarchy as Year, Quarter, Month and Day from which I selected Month, as in the above figure.

Now, I want that same Date Column in Drillthrough Field based on Month. But I am not getting default Date Hierarchy as Year, Quarter, Month and Day in Drill through field when I dragged Date column in it. Instead I am getting the format in my Database, as in secong figure. Anyone help me how to get Date hierarchy in Drillthrough. Date.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

You created the date hierarchy by yourself? What I mean is to enable the highlighted preview feature.

1.PNG

Then, expand the [Date] field, then, expand the "Hierarchy" under [Date].

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rifdhy_Hassen_0-1658133594976.png

Can I know where this option is Available in the new Version?

AkhilAshok
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If I understood you correctly, you just want to get the Drillthough working properly so that the Date Heirarchy gets passed to the target page. There are 2 ways you can do this:

Option 1: Just drag in [Total Sale] measure to your target screen as Drill Through filter. Now, you will get a drill though option for all Visuals using Total Sales in the Source screen You don't need to worry about the Date heirarchy. All the filters from the source screen gets automatically carry forward to target when you do the DrillThrough.

Option 2: If you just want the Date heirarchy to be carry forward, then, you have to enable "Show Dates as Heirarchy Feature". For this go to File > Options and Settings > Options > Preview features and enable Show dates as a heirarchy in the field list option. Restart the PBI Desktop. Afterwards, you will start seeing the Year, Month, Quarter, etc in the field list itself, which you can drag into the Drill Though pane.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't use option 1 for my requirement as drillthrough is getting enabled for all visuals in the source sreen, if I drag [Total Sale] in target screen Drillthrough field. It is Possible if only Date Visual in Source Screen is enabled for drill through, when I drag [Total Sale] in target screen.

But I tried Option 2, still I am not getting Date Hierarchy in Drillthrough Field, as it is showing in the below figure.date1.PNG

It would be helpful if you give me solution for either option1 or option2.

Hi @Anonymous,

Please expand the "Date Hierarchy" field, and drag "Month" into drillthrough.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

date2.PNGWhen I created Date Hierarchy I am not getting Year, Quarter, Month, Day. It is showing Date column as in my Database.

Is there any other alternate to change DataType of [Date] Column in Power BI. So, that I may get Date Hierarchy.

Hi @Anonymous,

You created the date hierarchy by yourself? What I mean is to enable the highlighted preview feature.

1.PNG

Then, expand the [Date] field, then, expand the "Hierarchy" under [Date].

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you made sure that "Date Hierarchy" is chosen for the column? 

DateHeirarchy.PNG 

Hope this helps!

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.