Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Hierarchy Stacked Column Chart- Not Displaying Correctly

Hi,

I am having a simple issue getting a stacked column chart to show the data in the correct chornological order when it comes to months. The data recorded in days, but January should be 2020 but is in position one. It is correct when shown in date hierachy.

Settlement 1.PNGSettlement 2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please create a calendar table and create a one-to-many relationship between the tables. 

Calendar = 
VAR _calendar =
    CALENDAR ( "10/1/2019", "5/1/2020" )
RETURN
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        _calendar,
        "Year & MonNum", YEAR ( [Date] ) & MONTH ( [Date] ),
        "MonthName", FORMAT ( [Date], "mmmm" )
    )

1.gif

For more details, please reference this thread to have  a try: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/January-is-in-the-wrong-place/m-p/921137#M86423

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have tried this but it doesn't seem to work for me?

Kind regards

Dominic

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you create a new column of Month? Please use the new column rather than the date hierarchy. And please share a few screenshots which is using my formula.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I managed to resolve this by creating a new column for month and then a new table for ordering and creating a relationship between the two.

PBI - Order By Table.PNG

EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You need to lookup date tables in Power BI and create one then work from there, because it solves issues like this easily

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.