cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dataguy Helper III
Helper III

Date Hierarchy Drill Does Not Sort Correctly in Matrix - May 2017 Release

I haven't ran into this with other controls such as a bar chart, but when working with the Matrix and drilling into the quarters don't sort correctly and the months within the quarters don't either. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft v-haibl-msft
Microsoft

Re: Date Hierarchy Drill Does Not Sort Correctly in Matrix - May 2017 Release

@dataguy

Did you click the arrow icon under column header? I tested with a date column and a number column, it can sort properly as below. Do you have any sample data can be used as data source so that we can repro it easily?

Date Hierarchy Drill Does Not Sort Correctly in Matrix - May 2017 Release_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dataguy Helper III
Helper III

MatrixSortIssue.GIF

@dataguy wrote:

I haven't ran into this with other controls such as a bar chart, but when working with the Matrix and drilling into the quarters don't sort correctly and the months within the quarters don't either. 

This is the sample matrix.

Microsoft v-haibl-msft
Microsoft

@dataguy

Did you click the arrow icon under column header? I tested with a date column and a number column, it can sort properly as below. Do you have any sample data can be used as data source so that we can repro it easily?

Date Hierarchy Drill Does Not Sort Correctly in Matrix - May 2017 Release_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

Vicky_Song Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Date Hierarchy Drill Does Not Sort Correctly in Matrix - May 2017 Release - Status changed to: Needs Info

dataguy Helper III
Helper III

Looks like a rookie mistake.   I did change the sort to the date column and it works.   Thanks so much for the quick response!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors