Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Hierarchy Doesn't show

Hi,

I have this Contact date & Total service by Clinicians. When I drag & drop the contact date to Columns, It doesn't show the Date Hierarchy option at all (Image 2)  Am I missing somethin? And Sorting only shows by Note Writer(clinician) & Total Service Hour. There is no Contact Date in the sorting option in the Mtrix Visual (Image 1)Capture.PNG

Date Hierarchy.PNG

Will appreciate any help.

Thanks,

spanda 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you establish relationship with an other table based on [Contact date]? If so, it won't show hierarchy when adding [Contact date] to visuals.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous,

It is not able to directly sort "Matrix Column headers". However, you can change the default sort order by adding a reverse index. Or you can add any custom order. Please refer to below links:

Matrix Column Head Order

Matrix visual sorting column

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you establish relationship with an other table based on [Contact date]? If so, it won't show hierarchy when adding [Contact date] to visuals.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

so what is the solution, how we can show the hierarchy while keeping the relationship?

Hello. I have this situation and I do have a relationship with another table: there is any solution or workaround for this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

O I see... that's the reason then. Thank you!!

In this case My another question was, If i choose the month(Another Column)  from Contact date & use that, why can't I sort by Month ? It doesn't show in the sorting list. It only shows Clinician (Note writer) & Hour.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the help!

spanda

Hi @Anonymous,

It is not able to directly sort "Matrix Column headers". However, you can change the default sort order by adding a reverse index. Or you can add any custom order. Please refer to below links:

Matrix Column Head Order

Matrix visual sorting column

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

O I see... that's the reason then. Thank you!!

In this case My another question was, If i choose the month(Another Column)  from Contact date & use that, why can't I sort by Month ? It doesn't show in the sorting list. It only shows Clinician (Note writer) & Total Hour.

Capture.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Thanks for the help!

spanda

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Change the column data type into Date. Now current column data type is Text. 

Change it from Modelling screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the Data typeCapture2.PNG

@Anonymous

Cool.

Have to enable the preview feature.

Date Hierarchy.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baskar Thank you!!

After i changed the option it shows like this below. Most of the date has date hierarchy except the contact date.

That's weird..

Capture3.PNG

Thanks,

spanda 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the Data type is already Date.

Thanks,

spanda

RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

It doesn't look like your Contact Date field is formatted as a Date type. Try changing that and see if it works.

Hello RMDNA,

Why if everything everywhere is set as Date Format, still does not show as Date Format? Here's a link to image showing this problem...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoVKuGR4By59g-7xc18st05gOYd_KE4?e=W3A9A4

Date not Showing Date Format 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.