Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dylantaylor

Date Formatting/Conditional Date Formatting

Hello,

I have the following date information formatted in "Table" form on my report and wanted to know if I could change the formatting from the current style to just remove the day of the week. Is there a way that I can do this in report view?:

Here is a simulation of what the table looks like:

Customer

Next Survey Date

A

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

B

Friday, September 14, 2018

C

Monday, October 01, 2018

Also, can conditional formatting be applied to dates in report view based on the number of days between the reported date and the current date? For example, color all dates red that are more than 180 days before current date, yellow 90-179, etc.

Thank you so much for the help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dylantaylor , I did not get it completely, But creating a color measure like

Color Date = if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Date'[date],TODAY()) <today(),"lightgreen","red")

And use that in conditional formatting. Use field option and then use this measure

https://radacad.com/dax-and-conditional-formatting-better-together-find-the-biggest-and-smallest-num...

View solution in original post

@dylantaylor 

You may take a look at Display custom format strings.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dylantaylor , I did not get it completely, But creating a color measure like

Color Date = if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Date'[date],TODAY()) <today(),"lightgreen","red")

And use that in conditional formatting. Use field option and then use this measure

https://radacad.com/dax-and-conditional-formatting-better-together-find-the-biggest-and-smallest-num...

Yes, you answered the conditional formatting question but not how to change the formatting. Is there a way that I can change the current formatting of the dates to exclude the day of the week as well? Thanks!

@dylantaylor 

You may take a look at Display custom format strings.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.