Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Date Formats on Date Slicers are US format ONLY

With the Feb 2018 update the date slicers like the mobile app on android are now all US format. There is no way to change this even with my regional settings set to uk and my laptop language set to UK???

This is particularly annoying. Also I cannot format dates to dd/MM/yyyy either that was broken in Jan 2018 update?

dateformat.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@gooranga1 @IAmDan @Anonymous

The issue has been reported before internally: CRI 56525764. The fix will be available in the March release.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@gooranga1 @IAmDan @Anonymous

The issue has been reported before internally: CRI 56525764. The fix will be available in the March release.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is this fixed? In India we use dd/mm/yy format and this is a BIG issue with users.

I'm in Australia and we use the same format as you, and I use the Power Bi service via Google Chrome.  I had your issue for many months.  To fix it, in Google Chrome settings make sure that the language is set to "English (United Kingdom)" and is set to "Display Google Chrome in this language".  Then go to your Power Bi Service settings and from the settings menu select General>Language> and make sure you select "Default (browser langauage)".  You might have to log out and log back in but it worked for me.  (update:  I've since changed my chrome setting to "English (Australia)" as I don't want to risk my currency field format switching from $ to £)

googlechrm.PNGpbsett.PNG

mmmg
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Warrenz your suggestion worked for me (eventually). I say eventually because even though I set my language in Google Chrome settings to English (Australia) it wasn't at the top of the list so make sure you have it at the top of the list if you have more than one language. This can be achieved by clicking on the elipses to the right of the language that you want to move and select 'move to top'.

Google Language Settings.jpg

IAmDan
Advocate I
Advocate I

I noticed this too this morning after updating to Version: 2.55.5010.521 64-bit (February 2018).

I'm only seeing this in desktop as when publishing to the service they display in UK format.

Regional settings are set to UK.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have run into the same issue and have created an issue for this in the issues forum https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Date-slicers-are-fixed-to-US-date-format-since-Feb-2018-Upda...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.