Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cheryl-lee33
Helper I
Helper I

Date Format option missing

Hi,

I used to be able to display the date format as dd/mm/yyyy or mmm dd, yyyy, when I selected Data Type: Date and the properties of different date displays will show.  Now, under Data Type, I can select Date and Date/Time.  Once selected, there is not option to change whether I will display the date as dd/mm/yyyy format or other formats. 

Is there a problem in the version I used?  Version: 2.65.5313.701 64-bit (December 2018)

Please help!

Thanks!

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@cheryl-lee33,

What is you data source and do you get the issue in all Power BI reports? Could you please share PBIX file through Private Message so that I can check?

I am using the latest version of Power BI Desktop (2.65.5313.1381) and I can change date format without any issues.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

cheryl-lee33
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for your help. 

I finally realised that I needed to select the data field, and then the Data type selection will be available within the Modeling menu. 

I should have looked further before posting the question.

Thank you!

Cheryl

cheryl-lee33
Helper I
Helper I

Btw, how do you change the status of this issue?  Can't find it.  Sorry!

4 REPLIES 4
cheryl-lee33
Helper I
Helper I

Btw, how do you change the status of this issue?  Can't find it.  Sorry!

cheryl-lee33
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for your help. 

I finally realised that I needed to select the data field, and then the Data type selection will be available within the Modeling menu. 

I should have looked further before posting the question.

Thank you!

Cheryl

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@cheryl-lee33,

What is you data source and do you get the issue in all Power BI reports? Could you please share PBIX file through Private Message so that I can check?

I am using the latest version of Power BI Desktop (2.65.5313.1381) and I can change date format without any issues.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.