Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cheryl-lee33 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Date Format option missing

Hi,

I used to be able to display the date format as dd/mm/yyyy or mmm dd, yyyy, when I selected Data Type: Date and the properties of different date displays will show.  Now, under Data Type, I can select Date and Date/Time.  Once selected, there is not option to change whether I will display the date as dd/mm/yyyy format or other formats. 

Is there a problem in the version I used?  Version: 2.65.5313.701 64-bit (December 2018)

Please help!

Thanks!

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Date Format option missing

@cheryl-lee33,

What is you data source and do you get the issue in all Power BI reports? Could you please share PBIX file through Private Message so that I can check?

I am using the latest version of Power BI Desktop (2.65.5313.1381) and I can change date format without any issues.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Date Format option missing - Status changed to: Needs Info

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for your help. 

I finally realised that I needed to select the data field, and then the Data type selection will be available within the Modeling menu. 

I should have looked further before posting the question.

Thank you!

Cheryl

Frequent Visitor

Btw, how do you change the status of this issue?  Can't find it.  Sorry!

4 REPLIES 4
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@cheryl-lee33,

What is you data source and do you get the issue in all Power BI reports? Could you please share PBIX file through Private Message so that I can check?

I am using the latest version of Power BI Desktop (2.65.5313.1381) and I can change date format without any issues.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Date Format option missing - Status changed to: Needs Info

Frequent Visitor

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for your help. 

I finally realised that I needed to select the data field, and then the Data type selection will be available within the Modeling menu. 

I should have looked further before posting the question.

Thank you!

Cheryl

Frequent Visitor

Btw, how do you change the status of this issue?  Can't find it.  Sorry!