cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimmy4444
Frequent Visitor

Date Format changing on a slicer from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy

Hi Everyone

I am having a few issues with the date format changing on a slicer between Desktop and the Web service.

Currently, the desktop displays as dd/mm/yyyy and the web service displays as mm/dd/yyyy after publishing the file.

My Regional Settings are configured to 'English (Australia) and I have done the same for the Google Chrome browser settings, however, the date slicer is still formatted as mm/dd/yyyy on the Web service.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
bidevBhavankit
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Jimmy4444 ,

To resolve this issue, you will need to update your chrome setting as per below screenshot.

Also, restart the browser after applying such settings.

date format.png

Thanks,

Bhavankit

Hi @bidevBhavankit

Thanks for providing this information.

I have made these changes to my browser settings but I was hoping there was a way the report could default to dd/mm/yyyy irrespective of a users browser settings? We do have a large number of users and having them adjust their browser settings could take some time. 

1111Capture.PNG

Hi @Jimmy4444 ,

None as of now, this is the only solution we are able to find after putting lot of efforts on the same.

Thanks,

Bhavankit

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Jimmy4444 ,

We can try to change the data format in Formatting.

PBIDesktop_fJ9pHmEqNw.png

Best Regards,

Teige

mussaenda
Super User I
Super User I

ff

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.