cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Date Format Direct Query

Errors: 1. This step results in a query that is not supported in Direct Query mode. Switch all tables to Import mode

Solution: Don't change the data type while loading(tranforming )data. First load the data using Direct Query option without transforming and then do the following to change data type of your data.

Go to "Data Modelling tab"-> "Select or click on the Query or table you loaded using Direct Query-> Select the column that we need to change the Data type and format-> then go to an option in topmost corner under Modelling tab to change the column Data type and format.

2. This table uses DirectQuery and cannot be shown

Solution:

If we go to Data modelling tab in the Left corner below chart tab to change any column format, It will not show the table as we used Direct Query to load data from the database. It shows as" This table uses DirectQuery and cannot be shown". 

If we need to change the format of the column that is loaded using Direct Query, We need to go to "Data Modelling tab"-> "Select or click on the Query or table you loaded using Direct Query-> Select the column that we need to change the Data type and format-> then go to an option in topmost corner under Modelling tab to change the column Data type and format.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I am using recent version. i can find only one option "Treat SAP like relational database".

I enabled it. 

Even i didnt get chance to edit it. My column is in text format , i wanted it to be date formate witout time in it. please help me with this.

One More help. How to change from import mode to direct query mode without affecting data?

Thanks 

Sai

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

Are you trying to import SAP data using import mode? I am assuming you first loaded the data without transforming and still you are not able to see "Data type" in Data modelling tab even after selecting the table and column you would like to change the data type format.  Can you please let us know the error that you are reciveing.Please find the below screenshotPlease find the below screenshot

I don't think so we can change from import mode to direct query mode without affecting data after bulding the dashboard. We have to select this option while building the dashboard.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for replying Aswini!! It's very helpfull.

I got solution for that Date formatting.

But I wanted to know that "Is it impossible to Change import mode to direct query" or Is there any way to do that?

Actually, I built report using import mode, which i didnt notice untill i complete my report. Later, I tried changing to directquery, but i couldn't find any solution for that. 

Thanks 

Sai 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors