Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Filter

Hi all,

Any of you would know how to change the date format in a filter?date.png

Currently it is showing MM/DD/YYYY, I wanted it to be DD/MM/YYYY. I tried changing the format in modeling tab but that doesnt correspond to the format in filter.

Also, any easy way to show filter such that is is as of yesterday's date? of course in this case i want to show filter like above that start from 1/1/2018 but the to date should be as of yesterday. Everyday will be refresh and reflected on as of yesterday.

Regards

CS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! As I am using the app in citrix, i couldnt change the regiona setting. Is there any where else that i can change it? for example in power bi services etc?

Also, any easy way to show filter such that is is as of yesterday's date? of course in this case i want to show filter like above that start from 1/1/2018 but the to date should be as of yesterday. Everyday will be refresh and reflected on as of yesterday.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

As I know, the default value in slicer is not available currently, one workaround is that you could refer to power-bi-tutorial-dynamically-update-date-slicer-to-show-current-date  for details.

In addition, if you just want to show yesterday in date slicer, you could just create a calculated column like below

Table = CALENDAR(date(2020,1,1), TODAY()-1)

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If your date is in MM/DD/YYYY, try changing the data format. Or create a new column like

date new = format([date],"DD/MM/YYYY")

For yesterday you can try relative date slicer. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-slicer-filter-date-range

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.