Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HT123
Frequent Visitor

Date Filter

Hello everybody,

my report in Power BI Desktop currently consists of 2 excel sheets that are linked by a relationship (m:n) with double-sided cross-filter direction. The common criterion is the “order number”.

Table 1 contains the columns “Order Number”, “Occupancy Time” and “Date”.

Table 2 contains the columns “Order Number”, “Quantity” and “Date”

In addition, the column with the date is divided into a Hirachie -> year month day If I want to display in a report the sum of the amount with the sum of the occupancy time per month in the form of a bar chart and additionally want to provide the user with a filter for selecting the month, I would have the two columns “Date” of Table 1 and Table 2 merge in the background. is a merging of the two date columns in the background somehow possible, so that only one filter can be used????  Alternatively, I would have to show in the report two individual filters, which must be selected in each case with the same month by the user.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @HT123 ,

Here are the data & pbix sample files.

Data sample

pbix

Cheers,

Fernando

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @HT123 ,

Make sure you have a date table. 

Here's a video from Guy in a Cube about it.

Regards,

Fernando

HT123
Frequent Visitor

HI Fernando,

I don't think I explained my problem properly. Here again the actual situation presented wisely

Here are my 2 Excel Sheets, the relation and the visual

visual.pngTable1.pngTable2.pngrelation.png

The bar chart is intended to show the sum per month. The quantity is correctly displayed. Unfortunately, time is wrong. There should be a time a month of 4 coming out not 20! Is this somehow possible??
I would still need a relation from Table 1 Column "Date" to Table 2 Column "Date."

calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @HT123 ,

I replicated your sample data, created a date table, and created a dim table for orders like so:

Dim Orders.png

I did not create a relationship between table A & B on Orders, instead I created a relationship of each table with the dim order table above.

I created a simple measure in each table:

Total Qty = SUM('Table A'[Quantity])
Total Time = SUM('Table B'[Time])

This is the result:

Date filter result.png

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Fernando

calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @HT123 ,

Here are the data & pbix sample files.

Data sample

pbix

Cheers,

Fernando

HT123
Frequent Visitor

Hi @calerof ,

Thanks for your quick help. I would have thought that there would be no solution to this.

The community is a great thing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.