Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date DAX Function is different

Hello

Maybe I missed something with an update? My DATE() DAX functions are showing Errors now. Normally DATE functions are like this DATE(YYYY,MM,DD) now when I want to use it, it wants two values for Year, Month and Day DATE(YYYY,YYYY,MM,MM,DD,DD) 

Normally after entering the year and then comma, you will be prompted to enter the month, but not in my example below.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am sorry that we can not reproduce your issue, but I found a workaround in this post, please try to add a space after each number and see if you can get the correct answer.

DATE = DATE(2019 , 9 , 1)

This should get the result of 9/1/2019 12:00:00 AM

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think it is a dispaly error of hint, the date and time function works fine on my side, Could you please try to use a card visual to show the measure:

DATE = DATE(2019,9,1)

BTW, what is your verios of Power BI Desktop? Could you please upgrade it to the lastest version to see if this unexpected display happened again.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you for replying. I am using the most recent 64 Bit version. I uninstalled Power Bi and reinstalled it. But still getting this problem. The first photo below is the normal way of writing the Statement and I get the error as shown. The second photo is when I enter DATE(2019,2019,09,09,01,01)  and I get October 1st as the result.

Thanks

Joe

Capture.JPGtets.JPG

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am sorry that we can not reproduce your issue, but I found a workaround in this post, please try to add a space after each number and see if you can get the correct answer.

DATE = DATE(2019 , 9 , 1)

This should get the result of 9/1/2019 12:00:00 AM

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! that works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the same for the TIME function too

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.