Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Column Issue

Hi Friends,

I have a situation in my model where I have 2 date tables ( created date and closed date).

I have created a date table using dax but the issue is how to sync all 3 tables together?

Currently i have a relationship of my dax date table with my created date in my model and the graph shows correct data for the created date whereas the data for closed date is not correct and when i make the relationship of my dax date table with the closed date the numbers for created date are wrong. 

Any idea how to fix this? I want to show created and closed numbers together.

Please Note : I have two date tables in my model i.e Created and closed. I have created another date table using DAZ to setup the relationship.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzur2v335qpxsjr/Sample%20-%20Copy.pbix?dl=0

Above is the link for a sample pbix containing the data and the conditions. I want to show the non dev tickets together ( closed and opened)

Himanshu_13_0-1622729898613.png

Himanshu_13_1-1622729898660.png

Regards,

Himanshu

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

My initial suggestion would be to change the columns you are selecting to create the relationship from Month Year to Date- Created Date  (DAX-Devops) and Closed Date - Date(Devops - M). If you want to avoid having a column for Created and a column for Closed, you'll have to create a measure that adds up the Closed tickets and the Created tickets, but this will generate ambiguity since a single ticket can be eventually closed so it does not make sense to add them up. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.