Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

georged018

Date Calculation

Hi All

I new to Power BI  so please bare with me Smiley Happy

Trying to work out how to do a calculation on two dates. What i am looking to do is analyse incidents closed within a time period and i am looking to do this using the two date fields, Rolved and Closed.

i think i need to create a new column with an IF statement, If Resolved or Closed within Month x or is there a way i can group dates between two seperate columns?

any help would be great Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
nogi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Does it need to be in a new column/table? Why not just use the filters and filter by date?

Can i filter between two seperate columns 

@georged018,

Could you please share sample data of you table and post expected result here? What do you mean that group/filter dates between two separate columns?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

What we are trying to occomplish it track closed incidents which have been either closed or resolved within a particular month. This data is recorded under Resolved Date or Closed Date. As the dates are different we are unable to just use the one field so was looking to use a combination of both.

Closed-Resolved BI.PNG

@georged018,

Create a column using the following similar formula.

Column = IF(MONTH(Table7[Resolved Date])=8 || MONTH(Table7[Closed Date])=8,1,0)

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.