Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Calculation woes

Hi Folks,

I have data that looks like this below:

IDSharesVest DateShares 2Vest Date 2Shares 3Vest Date 3
123213100011/1/2018222111/1/2019111111/1/2020
2131243334/10/20173334/10/201833344/10/2019

What I need to do is find out how many shares will vest after a certain date. So if I wanted to say all shares vesting after 4/10/17, I'd want all of the values show here except 4/10/17, but I need it to also sum those shares. Afterwards, I then need to bucket it in fiscal years. I may also need to break it down and say between "11/1/2018-11/1/2019" X amount of shares will be vested. 

I can't use a date table for all of these separate date columns, so what's the best way to do this? I'm rather stumped and I think I'm overthinking it.

Many thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone here, Ronald's solution worked best, but great to know the alternatives. Thank you SO much.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I have to admit that I do not understand what you are tring to achieve.

I recommend that you create an Excel file that contains sample data, upload the file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

This provides you with the possibilty to make up your expected results based on your sample data and helps tremendously to avoid misunderstandings.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

H

i @TomMartens

Our stock plan has shares disbursed over 3 years granted to employees (Shares 1, 2, and 3). So for example, the first person in the row was granted a total of 4,332 shares (1000, 2221, and 1111). These shares are split over 3 vesting years which is vest date 1, vest date 2, vest date 3. 

What I need to supply as a report is, out of all of the employees on the roster (Denoted by "ID" which is their empoyee ID), is how many Shares will vest after a certain date.

So if I got a request that says, "I need to know how many shares vest between 10/1/19 and 12/1/2020" total It would then look at the 3 date columns and share columns and say spit out a sum using "2221+1111+3334" because the dates fall within the above range and it would SUM them together.

Is that a better explanation? Sorry for not explaining more before. 

I think I understand what you are trying to achieve. This might be a bit clunky (no DAX, just Power BI transormations), but it might at least serve to illustrate your need.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtvnWrLE-6bAgyu_bG4AIfVPiGHe

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I can't seem to view them because my company is blocking it. Any chance you can throw it up into Dropbox? Many thanks. I appreciate the help here, really.

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please share your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regard,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gazzer @TomMartens I think this is going to do the trick. Still working on it and will let you know how it ends up. Just saw these now. Thank you!!

Hello @Anonymous,

Try this;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An5X7wdH9O9eiWvhOWkMJrheqa9H

Greets,

Ronald

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.