Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Between Slicer not behaving Correctly

Hi All,

I am using record date as date between slicer. I am not able to pick the required date from it. Most of the times i am not able to pick the requied date, it is happening from both start and end dates as shown below. And also i can not show as empty dates like M/D/YYYY, user will pick the required dates as own. For most of the case start date is not picking the dates as requested, is this bug or any thing i need to change in slicer. Thanks In Advance.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous what version of power bi are you using?

seems there was an issue with this last year 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/BUG-PBI-Service-Date-between-slicer-end-date-displays-plus-one/idi-p/464667

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous what data type is your date?  is it date or date time?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanessafvg

It is Date format.

@Anonymous  any chance you can share the file, its hard to know with the information you have given.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanessafvg

No. I just want to know why the date between slicer not picking the provided dates. After changing the end date only start date is picking the correct date.

@Anonymous are they two different fields?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanessafvg,

No it is single Date column

@Anonymous what version of power bi are you using?

seems there was an issue with this last year 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/BUG-PBI-Service-Date-between-slicer-end-date-displays-plus-one/idi-p/464667

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors