Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

stmicbarr
Regular Visitor

Dataverse query does not refresh with other table refreshes

I have one report that queries from the following sources.  #2 does not refresh when clicking "Refresh" in the desktop banner.  I have to right click on each of the tables from this source and select Refresh individually.

1. Excel file table hosted in SharePoint
  2. Dynamics CRM tables accessed with Dataverse connection.  Method = Import, not Direct Query
  3. Silvon Stratum Viewer connector

I originally discovered this in the cloud version when I noticed Scheduled Refreshes were not updating.

Solutions I've tried without success:

• Changing the Data Load settings for the file to disable parallel loading.
  • Clearing the cache and re-entering data source credentials
  • Updating to the latest Power BI Desktop version.

Any help on how to get this to work would be very much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
SandiLeo

Hi! We have similar configuration in a Power BI report, with tables imported from Dataverse and the exact same type of error - a bigger table (not really big - around 20K rows and 300 columns) does not refresh from Dataverse. We connect PowerBI to Dataverse using the standard Common Data Service, OAuth2.

Power BI scheduled refreshes do not return any error - it seems that data has succesfully refreshed. However, by comparing the data in Power BI with the table in Dataverse, we can see that it has NOT refreshed.

When we download the report and open it in PowerBI Desktop (64bits, latest version) and try to refresh this table, we get an error similar to the below:

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Microsoft SQL: An error occurred while sending the request. RequestId: TDS;2200d1f3-7831-4cd4-98d6-659a0853651d;2 Time: 2023-04-25T10:42:17.2721526Z

When I open Event Viewer on my laptop and find this error, the more detailed message is as below:

The description for Event ID 3 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace_5758509a-dd0f-4e45-9612-d98db8d8712d cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted.

You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Microsoft SQL: An error occurred while sending the request.
RequestId: TDS;2200d1f3-7831-4cd4-98d6-659a0853651d;2
Time: 2023-04-25T10:42:17.2721526Z.

I I have Premium Per User Power BI licence and the correct permissions in Dataverse.

Can you help / have a solution for this? - much appreciated!

Thank you,

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @stmicbarr ,

If the Schedule refersh is unsuccessful, you can check the error message in the Refersh history, which will provide you with the details of the error, so that we can help you better.

Refer to:

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

No error message is given on the scheduled refreshes.  

I can tell the data has not refreshed from Dataverse by comparing tables with an added column in Power Query using DateTime.LocalNow() among the various sources.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.