Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

perdigao18
Frequent Visitor

Dataverse connector does not appear

Hello all,

I just installed the recentest version of the PowerBI in my working machine and I can't see the new dataverse connector on the PowerPlatform options. Is there any thing that need to be se fot it to be activated ?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
perdigao18
Frequent Visitor

I already know why I have this problem. In my personal computer it works , but doesn't work on my company. In the last, the CertifiedExtension folder is empty after installation instead of having the connector files, so the CommonDataService.pqx file is missing. If I get this file from another person, for example, and copy it to the folder I can already click on the connector. It must be related to security things in the work environment, that I will have to check. Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
perdigao18
Frequent Visitor

I already know why I have this problem. In my personal computer it works , but doesn't work on my company. In the last, the CertifiedExtension folder is empty after installation instead of having the connector files, so the CommonDataService.pqx file is missing. If I get this file from another person, for example, and copy it to the folder I can already click on the connector. It must be related to security things in the work environment, that I will have to check. Thanks

Hi @perdigao18 ,

Thank you for sharing the experience.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @perdigao18 ,

Would you please try to uninstall the desktop and re-install it again? Please also refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/data-platform-powerbi-connector

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@perdigao18 Please ensure that you have below version installed 

negi007_0-1616600162562.png

you can also try restarting your powerbi desktop or laptop for services to be fully installed on your pc

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Yes, I have, And I refreshed. It does not appear in the option but I can see the dataverse icon in the header

perdigao18_0-1616602274176.png

However nothing happens when I click there.

In the version from Feb the icon does not appear at all. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.