Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PBIfanatic
Helper V
Helper V

Datatype issue on a column from dataflow

Hi,

I am consuming a dataflow from desktop, all the columns has been correctly identified in the dataflow but when I consume it from the desktop, a text field gets converted to a data/time and the opposite for an adjacent column, txt instead of datetime.

Has anyone encountered such an issue, and I am unable to change it back at the desktop level. 

Isnt the dataset supposed to be an exact copy of the dataflow with the datatypes exactly the same as defined in the dataflow?

thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
EwoutVisionBI
Regular Visitor

Interestingly enough, this also seems to happen in Fabric Dataflow Gen 2. I have an integer column inside the Dataflow, for the mapping I keep it integer, but when the dataflow has run, it becomes Long in my lakehouse delta table.

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBIfanatic ,

Do you connect to the Power BI dataflows like this?

da1.jpg

da2.jpg

What version of Desktop do you use?

You need to run the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

We have a test, we can change the date type in Query Editor.

da3.jpg

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please provide more details about your issue? Could you please provide some screenshots?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PBIfanatic
Helper V
Helper V

Hi,

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.