cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FilipK
Resolver I
Resolver I

Datatype from database ignored when importing data

PBI is connected to a sql view in which one of the columns are explicitely casted to bigint.

After reading in the data, PBI automatically state that the column is a string. This makes my refreshes incredibly slow (column merge, innerjoin etc...). Since I also need incremental refresh and the query must be foldable so datatype change is no option.

How can I force PBI to use the datatype given by SQL and still use native SQL querries?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FilipK
Resolver I
Resolver I

Backward roll. I didn't fire the latest change in the views (from string to bigint). No chance for PBI tio detect 🤐

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FilipK
Resolver I
Resolver I

Backward roll. I didn't fire the latest change in the views (from string to bigint). No chance for PBI tio detect 🤐

View solution in original post

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@FilipK , Can you open the power query and change datatype to the whole number and see if that works.

If needed, change datatypes in column tools

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin

Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!

this unfortunately didn't help. Datatype change in power query is against query folding and column tools is too late since the merge is done in power query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power BI October Update 2021.jpg

Power BI Release

Click here to read more about the October 2021 Release!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Teds Dev Camp Oct. 2021 768x460.jpg

Power BI Dev Camp - October 28th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!