Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Willo

Datatable - incorrect dates on columns

Hello. I have created a datetable and built a stacked column visulisation. The values in the columns are correct but the dates, labelled on the axis are wrong. The dates in the tool tips are also correct. How can I resolve this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I think I see now. You have to change under formatting options the X-Axis from Continious to Categorial in order to see for each bar the exact thing you want. Otherwise it tries to draw an estimation of the places of the dates.

Like this:

xaxiscategoricalxaxiscategorical

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Willo

Calendar Issue in PBiCalendar Issue in PBi

@amitchandak

please see screen shot with images of the 2 charts affectedPbi issue.png

Chart 1, showing tool tip with correct date and column on legend with incorrect date

Chart 2, showing days in number not dates

Thanking you in anticipation

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Willo , can you share some kind of screenshot

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Can you explain a bit more about the problem? what is wrong with the axis? (please add a picture or describe de issue). Also it would help a lot if you explain your dataset, how is the date table built? is it related with the values in column chart?

Right now is difficult to understand the problem, the only thing I can think is that your months are not in order.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hiya, I've now added a screenshot of the problem. This is a simple data set with data for 54 schools with values across a 3  month period from March to May. I am seeking to show the values, first by date, then by week. To do this I have created a dates table, based on advice from this forum. As I say, the data is correct, but table 1 has incorrect dates on the legend, althought the tooltips are correct. Table 2 shows dates as numbered days rather

Pbi issue.png

than calendar dates

Hope that makes sense and looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for helping me

Hi, I think I see now. You have to change under formatting options the X-Axis from Continious to Categorial in order to see for each bar the exact thing you want. Otherwise it tries to draw an estimation of the places of the dates.

Like this:

xaxiscategoricalxaxiscategorical

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.