Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RMV
Helper V
Helper V

Dataset that compares moving average with different period

Hi,

I need to represent a report that shows weekly trend of YTD average of a sales per region. Any advise on how can I use Power BI to help me?

This is the example

Region    Day    Sales Amount

A             1         1000

A             2         1500

A             3         700

B             1          500

B             2          700

After Day 7, there should be a table that calculate Sales Amount Average from Day 1 to Day 7 per region

Region    Sales Amount Average Day 1-7

A             1300

B             700

After Day 14, the table should calculate Sales Amount Average from Day 1 to Day 17 per region, and compare it with Sales Amount Average Day 1-7

Region     Sales Amount Average Day 1-14       Sales Amount Average Day 1-7

A               1400                                                      1300

B                650                                                        700

Thanks

RMV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RMV,

You can create a measure in your resource table using the formula.

Sales Amount Average Day 1-7=CALCULATE(MAX(Table[running]),FILTER(Table,AND(Table[Day]<=7,Table[Day]>1)))
Sales Amount Average Day 1-14=CALCULATE(MAX(Table[running]),FILTER(Table,AND(Table[Day]<=14,Table[Day]>1)))

Then create a table visual, select [Region] and the measures as value levels.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RMV,

Althrough you give an detailed example, I still need to confirm several information.

>>After Day 7, there should be a table that calculate Sales Amount Average from Day 1 to Day 7 per region

For Region A, how to calculate 1300? based on my mind, it shoud be (1000+1500+700)/3=1067.

In addition, how to get 1400 and 650 after day 14? Could you please share more details for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

The numbers were just an examples. The average should calculate the numbers from Day 1-7, Day 1-14, Day 1-21 etc

The first table is also just an example to show that the sales is keep in raw data, day per day transactions, and not using the complete data of all days to keep my post short. Hope this is clear.

Waiting for input from you.

Thanks

Hi @RMV,

You can create a measure in your resource table using the formula.

Sales Amount Average Day 1-7=CALCULATE(MAX(Table[running]),FILTER(Table,AND(Table[Day]<=7,Table[Day]>1)))
Sales Amount Average Day 1-14=CALCULATE(MAX(Table[running]),FILTER(Table,AND(Table[Day]<=14,Table[Day]>1)))

Then create a table visual, select [Region] and the measures as value levels.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Tried again with you DAX formula suggestion, and i got it worked!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

I'm not used with Measure column, and need more some explanation. I added 2 Measures to the table, and use them as Value in the visual, as you said. But it didn't shown anything. Need your advise.

Thanks,

RMV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.