Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lfrigione
Helper II
Helper II

Dataset organizzation

Hi,

Inexperienced, I have created a series of reports on different datasets which, however, are fed by the same tables.

This is wasteful, n datasets, containing roughly the same data, are updated overnight.

My idea was therefore to create one big dataset connected to many small reports.

That would also make it easier to manage dataset rules.

The problem is that since the dataset is very large, some measures that generally worked now give the following error: “This visual has exceeded the available resources. Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Is there a way to across this problem?

Reports are very simple; I think that most resources are impregnated by the dataset although each report uses a small part of it.

How can I solve the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lfrigione ,

Based on what I have learned, there're two methods for your reference.

1.With Power BI Desktop templates, you can streamline your work by creating a report template, based on an existing template, which you or other users in your organization can use as a starting point for a new report's layout, data model, and queries. For more information, please refer to Create report templates for Power BI Desktop.

2.You can publish your pbix file to Power BI service, then use the dataset in Power BI service with live connection mode to create your new report. For more information, please refer to Create reports based on datasets from different workspaces.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lfrigione ,

Sorry to disturb you...

But did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lfrigione ,

Based on what I have learned, there're two methods for your reference.

1.With Power BI Desktop templates, you can streamline your work by creating a report template, based on an existing template, which you or other users in your organization can use as a starting point for a new report's layout, data model, and queries. For more information, please refer to Create report templates for Power BI Desktop.

2.You can publish your pbix file to Power BI service, then use the dataset in Power BI service with live connection mode to create your new report. For more information, please refer to Create reports based on datasets from different workspaces.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.